Wednesday 22 July 2009

Things I haven't mentioned.

Since my internet supply has been substandard for the last month, I feel I've missed out on so many things to share with you. I haven't talked about the warm, funny and beautiful family we stayed with in Cape Breton. I haven't talked about our Couchsurfing/farm work experiences. I haven't talked about Tony the sheep and how she met her unfortunate end. I haven't talked about how Seamus is growing his hair "for my birthday present", and how he looks beautiful yet messy, but very much like a traveller. I haven't talked about how I woke up one morning in Port Aux Basques with no hearing in my left ear, a situation that lasted a week, and resulted in the loss of my tragus piercing. I haven't talked about all our lovely bus journeys through Maritime countryside, which is prettier than Albertan countryside. I haven't talked about the Anne of Green Gables fever all over Prince Edward Island. I haven't talked about how we're going whale-watching in Quebec, and whitewater rafting in Ottawa. I haven't talked about how we seem to be missing every significant event in every city and town by just a couple of days, something which resulted in Seamus throwing a tantrum yesterday because we miss 'Family Fun Day at the church' in Fredericton. I haven't talked about how we saw a bear in Cape Breton. I haven't talked about how eastern Canada is generally more charming than western Canada in terms of architecture. I haven't talked about how I am excited to come back to the UK so I can drink Kopparberg, Magners and Aspalls! No more Strongbow please!

No comments: