Saturday 20 June 2009

Infection?

Apologies for disgusting subject of this post.

You know I got all those insect bites in Algonquin last week? I got two types of bites; mosquito bites and black fly bites. The black flies draw blood when they bite, but I didn't have any pain or itching. The mosquito bites, on the other hand, itched a lot, and since some were in awkward places (palm of hand etc), it was pretty annoying. So, I was taking some antihistamines and then JUST as the mosquito bites got better, five days after Bite Day, I woke up in agony from the black fly bites. And they continue to hurt, and swell, and itch. I have moved from antihistamines to Advil. And now, eight days after Bite Day, my legs look like this, and are swollen, and really sexy-looking.

Should I go to a doctor, or wait it out? I really don't want to have to make another insurance claim. But I really don't want my legs to have to be amputated either.

No comments: