Tuesday 7 April 2009

Spring found us at last.

Today is beautiful, and the kind of day that makes me remember how special Waterton is. I went for a walk alone, and to take the recycling out, and the sun is shining and the snow is melting (actually, that part is kind of ugly, and means it's still necessary to wear snow boots, as four feet of snow becomes four feet of slush, and then four feet of water). There is a man playing guitar outside the Resort, I have no idea who he is, or why he picked a village with a population of 30 to busk in, but I was glad he was there. I went to the post office, and Bristol had a basket of chocolate eggs in for customers to take (she has chocolate on the counter for every occasion). As all the businesses in Waterton re-open next month, there's lots of people around doing construction work and painting their shops and restaurants, so lots of people to say hello to when you're out. Although I love Waterton in the winter, there is starting to be a real buzz around as more people arrive for the summer season. I am cleaning the house with the windows wide open, and my music playing. I wish I had an ice lolly!

No comments: