Friday 24 April 2009

Lack of sleep.

I AM SO TIRED. I was woken up at 3.14am by some boys screaming. Don't worry, they weren't children. They just aren't worthy of being referred to as 'men'. The boys live in the flat across the hall, and keep us awake most nights by:

a)going to the gym at 1am, and GRUNTING with every weight they lift (the gym is directly below our bedroom)
b)getting way too involved with whatever computer games they play
c)having parties almost every night of the week
d)banging on our door at 2am to see if we'd like to come to aforementioned parties
e)throwing bedframes down the stairs

Every night for the past week, we have been woken up by them. It hasn't always been this bad...primarily because they only moved in recently. But I also think it's a sign that summer is coming. Everyone in Waterton is way too excited....both our co-workers, and the big-horned sheep. We are more and more convinced every day that we could not survive here in the summer. Sure, Waterton is beautiful, and there'd be more hikes open but faced with the following prospects:

a)working 40 hours a week in a shitty job
b)sharing our flat with two 19-year-old stoners
c)putting up with staff parties all night, every night
d)Waterton being packed full of tourists

Yeah...we're ready to leave. I am way too old and boring to put up with what we're dealing with right now. Seamus and I both start work at 6.45am most days, and being woken up every night kind of wrecks my chirpy demeanour. Today is my one day off this week, and now I realise it's even worse to be woken up when you don't have to work the next day.

I can't wait to get an uninterrupted eight hours of sleep! But then I remember...we're staying in hostels for most of the next three months...I forsee a lot of crankiness this summer...

No comments: