Thursday 16 April 2009

The first goodbyes.

Last night Sue and Zen, our (ex)managers left to move to Victoria, and tomorrow morning, our friend Irina moves to Canmore. This means our clique is down to four (and goes to two once Seamus and I leave). Irina is the Russian I've mentioned a few times here. She is a fantastic woman. I have so many stories about her (her life has been so amazing, I'm just living vicariously through her). We met tonight for tea and cheese and bread, and talked and laughed and listened to Russian music. She gave Seamus and me a picture each. Mine is a sketch of our ski hill, and Seamus' is a beautiful painting of Bear's Hump (the mountain all our photos are taken from). Those are some pretty good souvenirs of our time in Waterton.

There's so many goodbyes right now, for one reason or another, but thankfully the next ones should be when we leave. At least then we're in control of the goodbyes. The photo above is me, Seamus, Al, Alex and Irina. Irina has the orange hair and is about fifteen years older than you'd guess. One of the kindest people I'v met here, even though I am convinced she and Seamus were having an affair (you should have seen the goodbye kissing between them tonight....maybe it's just a Russian thing)...

No comments: