Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas skiing.




On Christmas eve, six of us drove to Castle Mountain, a ski resort about 90 minutes drive from Waterton. It was really windy (again) so I was scared the mountain would be really cold, but it was ok. It snowed all day, but it was good to be out (everyone else got cold but I was good, I am made of ICE, it seems). Seamus, Tiff and I had never skiied before so bought a lesson, and Clint, Annik and Scott were all snowboarding (and are all Canadian so have done winter sports before). Skiing is...harder than it looks. Our instructor was a lovely 17-year-old girl, and it was the first lesson she'd ever given....and she'll probably retire after teaching us. Seamus was amazing at skiing but Tiff and I were another matter. Tiff fell over a thousand times because she was unable to slow down or stop...but at least she has guts. I, on the other hand, was scared to go on the lift by myself. But despite the fact that I am clearly not a born skiier, I had so much fun and can't wait to go again. I love skiing!

No comments: