Saturday 28 February 2009

The sense of joy you get when given money that belongs to you.

Last night, I was filled with happiness when I checked my UK bank account, and found the insurance company had returned the money I'd spent on medical fees. It's like a tax rebate, and shows the simple joys of human life - that sometimes, being given money that is actually yours anyway, can make you inexplicably happy. I had an extra bonus, in that the exchange rate must have changed since I spent the money at the hospital, and I ended up getting £20 more back that I originally spent. I treated myself by buying some Strongbow (something I never thought I'd say...)

I will update later about our mini-break to Milk River but now I have to go to the gym!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Katy! Even though, like you say, it's totally your money in the first place. Nice to see they didn't try and screw you over xx

Anonymous said...

Do you mean inexplicably happy? I am happy for you too, though - whichever sort of happiness it is....